- Kala mocha : 1
- Potato : 2 ( cut into small cube)
- Tomato : 1 small( chopped)
- Grated coconut : 2 table spoon
- Moong Dal : 2 table spoon
- Panch foron : 1 tea spoon
- Bay leaf : 1
- Dry chilli : 1
- Spice paste : ginger 1 inch , dry chilli 1, 1tea spoon cumin seeds, 1 tea spoon corriander seeds, 2 cardamom, 2 cloves , 1 inch cinnamon stick ( make paste with water)
- Whole garam masala : 1 cardamom , 2 cloves, 1″ cinnamon stick
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Take out the hard part and the small white part from each of the single flowers of the banana flower and then cut each flowers in a very small pieces . Then wash the pieces into turmeric water.
- Pressure cook the pieces with water and turmeric with 2 whistle.
- Strain all the water and shallow fry them in less oil in medium low flame and keep aside.
- Dry roast the moong dal , wash well and boil them for 5 mins. keep aside.
- Take a kadai , add mustard oil . Add panchforon , bay leaf , dry chilli and all whole garam masala. Add cubed potatotoes and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the masala paste,chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder , salt and sugar.Now fry very well in low flame for some time .
- When the masala gets fried well , that time add fried banana flowers and mix well.
- Now add moong dal and mix well. Add water and let them boil with lid for at least 8-10 mins.
- Now add fresh grated coconut into it and also garam masala powder and mix well.
- From top add fresh corriander leaves .
This is a very special and super tasty recipe. It goes best with white rice. Enjoy with your loved ones and share your comments with me in comment box.