- Methi saag ( fenugreek leaves) : 250 gms
- Green peas : 1 cup
- Ginger paste : 1 table spoon
- Paneer : 100 gms(optional)
- Tomatoes : 2 big size ( paste)
- Whole garam masala : 1 big cardamom,2 small cardamom, 2 cloves , 1″ cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf
- Kasuri methi : 1/2 tea spoon
- Coriander powder : 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder : 1 tea spoon
- Cashew : 7-8 ( paste)
- Fresh cream : 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tea spoon
- Hing : 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt : tastewise
- Sugar : 1 tea spoon
- Milk : 1/3 cup
- Garam masala powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Take out only the leaves from the stem , wash nicely and cut them in very small pieces.
- In a pan add little butter or oil, and shallow fry the fenugreek leaves with very less salt and keep aside.
- Take a kadai , add oil and let it hot . Add cumin seeds, hing , bay leaf and all whole garam masala . Add ginger paste,tomato paste , turmeric powder , red chilli powder, coriander powder and mix all together and fry for some time . When oil starts seperating add matar, cashew paste and fresh cream and mix well and cook again for sometime .
- Add fried leaves into it and mix well and cook for 2-3 mins. After that add milk and water together. Cover with a lid and let it boil for 5-6 mins. Add garam masala powder and mix well.
- From top add fresh coriander leaves and fresh cream .
This recipe has a very unique creamy taste and texture. It goes very well with roti, paratha, fried rice , butter naan and also plain rice. Please try it at home and share your experience with me in comment box.