- Raw banana : 2 piece
- Potato : 4 medium size
- Ginger paste : 1 table spoon
- Tomato : 1 medium size ( finely chopped)
- Dry chilli : 1
- Whole Garam masala : 2 cardamom, 1” cinnamon stick, 2 cloves , 1 bay leaf, 4-5 black pepper
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt : tastewise
- Sugar : tastewise
- Roasted cumin powder : 1 tea spoon
- Roasted coriander powder : 1 tea spoon
- Hing : 1/2 tea spoon
- Plain flour : 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder : 1 tea spoon
- Kasuri Methi : 1/2 tea spoon
- Green chilli : 2 ( finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves : 1 tablespoon
PROCEDURE : ( for koftas)
- Boil 1 potato and 2 banana in pressure cooker with 4-5 whitsle.
- After boiling take out both of the banana and potato skin and mash them in a big bowl . Add roasted cumin and coriander powder,red chilli powder , plain flour,salt , sugar , green chilli and coriander leaves and mix them very well with your hand.
- Heat a kadai with oil. Make small balls from the mixture and fry them until golden brown .
PROCEDURE : ( For Curry )
- Steam rest of the potato and cut them into big pieces .
- Take a kadai , add oil and let it become hot. Add panchforon , bay leaf , whole garam masalas, dry chilli. Now add ginger paste and the steamed potato and fry for 1-2 mins . Add all other dry masalas ,chopped tomatoes,kasuri methi and cook for 4-5 mins.
- Add 1 cup hot water into the gravy, mix well and let them cook with lid for another 5-6 mins.Now add the fried banana koftas into the gravy and cook them just for 1-2 mins. Add fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with plain rice ,paratha ,roti or puri. It goes very well with all of them.
This is a very healthy recipe , specially for kids those who do not like to eat raw banana in any form . Try this recipe with your loved ones and share your experience with me in comment box.