- Sweet potato : 400 gms
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Milk powder : 4 table spoon
- Plain flour : 1 table spoon
- Ghee : 2-3 table spoon
- Suji : 1 table spoon
- Baking powder : 1/4 tea spoon
- Cardamom : 2-3
- Oil : for frying
- First of all cut the sweet potatoes in two pieces. Give 2 whistles in pressure cooker with less water and wait until the pressure cooker opens by itself.
- Let the potato cool down . Peel the skin and then mash the boiled potato nicely. Now add milk powder, plain flour, suji and ghee and pinch of baking powder. Knead all of them properly .
- Take a pan , add sugar and water and let them boil. When all the sugar dissolves in the water , boil for another 5 mins and then add two cardamom into it .
- Apply ghee on your palm . Take small portion from the sweet potato dough and roll them like small balls .
- Take a deep kadai and add oil into it . Let it become medium hot . Now add small balls one by one and fry in medium low flame until all becomes golden brown .
- After frying , directly add into the sugar syrup . Serve cold .
This is a healthy gulab jamun recipe . Kids normally dont like to eat sweet potato easily, so this will be a good way to serve them this healthy vegetables. Please try at home and share your experience with me in comment box.